Thursday, January 7, 2016

Chick-fil-A – Muscle Shoals




Half of Muscle Shoals was rumored to have turned out for the grand opening of Chick-fil-A’s newest Shoals store, and on Wednesday it looked as if at least half of the half was still there. It was around 2:30 when most of the lunch crowd should have finished and way too early for the school kids, yet when my co-worker and I approached from the west on Avalon Avenue, we could see the drive-thru was lined up.

It was the first time for both my friend and me at this location, so we were surprised at the layout. I had to drive well past the store in order to get to the drive-thru lane, I assume it was built that way so eat-in diners wouldn’t have to worry about being run down by hungry and eager window customers. Those who dined in had ample parking in the semi-circle the drive lane created just east of the building. Once in line, everything else seemed the same as at other new stores. 

The speaker worked well, but I noticed a car in the southern-most lane waited after his order was placed, causing the vehicles to be out of order. That is if the window personnel can tell without some notation on the order screen which car ordered what. After a short wait, the line began moving faster, but anyone in a super hurry might want to avoid this store until more newness wears off. When I got to the window, I had to wait again since both my friend and I had ordered sandwiches without pickles. Everyone was super efficient and wished us well. 

Just from observing from the outside, I would say the interior was as packed as the outside. I saw at least two managers. One man was outside checking the locks on some outside storage doors and the second was inside wringing his hands. I wasn’t sure if this was a normal mannerism for him or if there might soon be an opening at the new location. Once we got our food, I drove on and we ate while traveling to deliver more paperwork. 

If I have one complaint about the Chick-fil-A in Florence it’s that the chicken breasts are always overcooked. This wasn’t the case in Muscle Shoals, but it could have been that due to the volume of customers waiting, the food was prepared more hurriedly. Both my friend and I also got Cokes which we agreed rivaled McDonald’s in flavor and carbonation. We were both pleased with our meals, but agreed that it might be better to wait a few more weeks before returning, especially during our working hours. 

If you have a few extra minutes, I say go for it. My sandwich was so good I was tempted to drive back for seconds.


Cherry Pitts 

No comments:

Post a Comment