Thursday, December 1, 2022

Jack's - Sheffield

 



I love to brag about local restaurants. Unfortunately this isn't one of those times.

Several weeks ago my 84 year old dad, a retired college professor and US Army veteran, attempted to buy lunch for himself and my mom at the Jack's in Sheffield. Rather than use the drive-thru, he went inside.

He told the employee working the counter what he wanted. She repeated the order back to him incorrectly. He corrected her. She got frustrated, said she '...couldn't work the register', and walked off.

A few moments later, a different employee came to the register and asked him what he wanted, so he told this employee what he was trying to order. This employee stated she '... wasn't going to take his order' and walked off.

My dad related his experience to me and stated that he didn't want to file a complaint. But I did. I filed an online complaint with Jack's corporate office that same afternoon. 

The next day the manager of the Jack's in Sheffield called me. We talked for several minutes and she assured me she would check into the matter, and if '...extra training was needed...' it would be done (Training??? Firing would be the appropriate response!). She also stated she wanted to apologize to my dad for his experience and would 'make it right', asking for his mailing address. I suspected that she would be sending him some 'free' Jack's coupons in an attempt to retain his patronage.

Almost 2 months later, nothing. That's a down right pathetic attitude for a business to have, but, unfortunately, it's a sign of the times. So...I will personally NEVER patronize the Sheffield Jack's again, nor will I recommend them to anyone. Ever. That's a shame.




11 comments:

  1. Firing is what should have happened. Bet they will not be in business long with that kind of service.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are very rude over there for sure. They were rude to me one time and that was enough for me. I never go there anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being elderly myself I can relate. The Jacks in Sheffield will take your order, but you get what they give you. I order a Strawberry Cream cheese fried pie every time I go there. I never get it they always give me apple. I took it back 3 times one day and still every time I was given apple. I want strawberry. They do have one absolutely awesome employee that will take care of you but if she not on the front counter you can forget about getting your order correct.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same thing happen to me at the McDonald on Cloverdale road, called their corporate office got told the same thing, more training etc and said they were going to send me coupons, well months later nothing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been there and have been treated very well. Actually like I was someone special. I went in to get a to go order which was fast and the lady was extremely nice. I’ve been going there off and on for years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to work there and I can tell you this they are nasty they don't clean they don't train properly they smoke pot on their brakes they drink alcohol on the breaks and if you eat ice cream there I'm pretty sure you would probably get salmonella at some point in time because they never clean the ice machine it's caked with ice cream all over the mixer and probably get salmonella from the drink machines as well because I never clean those it's just a nasty place all the way around sorry you had to experience that

    ReplyDelete
  7. White management (at all levels) is afraid of minority employees, so absolutely nothing will change. Prove me wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I came.to their defense but I was wrong. I have never experienced such rudeness. The sad part is from the Manager....she was the rudest person I have Ever encountered in customer service It's her. If the leader is Awful what do you expect? She is white and I'm black.....she wasn't afraid to be ugly. It's not about race...she is just not fit to Lead!! It starts at the top....and trickles down.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's impossible, without having a LinkedIn account, to contact Jack's regional manager. How 'convenient'. Plausible deniability rules the business world; If Jack's 'doesn't know...'

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had the opportunity to visit the Jack's in Decatur (6th Ave/Hwy 31). Talk about a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT experience! And 'Yes'. I told them HOW HORRIBLE the Jack's in Sheffield is!

    ReplyDelete