Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Genghis Grill





From their website:

Legend has it that during their conquests, Genghis Khan and his men grilled food on their shields over an open flame. In much the same way, our Grill Masters grill your combination of fresh ingredients and stir fry them to perfection on our sizzling hot grill. It’s a centuries-old tradition you can enjoy only at Genghis Grill – the Build Your Own Stir Fry.


This is a Restaurant Review for Genghis Grill, located at 2893 Florence Blvd, Florence, Alabama. If you have never been there, it is across the street form Logan’s, in the same strip mall as Five Guys Burgers. Hmm, that sounds like another place to do a Restaurant Review. I went at 11:30 on a Sunday morning. The place was ¾ full but I was seated promptly. By Noon, the place was packed.

If you have never been to Genghis Grill, let me explain it to you. Upon arrival, you can choose from 3 size bowls (small, medium or large). Getting your bowl, you venture forth to the serving bar. The serving bar is divided into several sections. The first section is the meats. They have Chicken, Beef, Pork, as well as Seafood that you can pick from. If it fits in your bowl, you can have it. I went with the Sliced Beef.

Moving forward, you will find the spice bar. There are several different spices to choose from. Hmm, let’s go with Salt. You can never mess up something with Salt. Then you proceed to the Vegetable Bar. Assorted Vegetables were present, looking fresh. I picked Green Peas. Next up was the Fruit Bar. I chose the Pineapple.

Then you have to make the major choice, the Sauce Bar. There are approximately a dozen different Sauces available. There are sampling spoons where you can try each Sauce. I went with Sweet and Sour. At the end of the serving line, you have another choice, Udon Noodles, Rice or other choices to round out your bowl. I went with the Udon Noodles.

Then a nice lady takes your bowl from you and they cook it on an open grill. Within 5 minutes, my meal was at my table. Okay, here we go. First bite, yummy. I really enjoyed the meal. Everything meshed together to bring out the Sweet and Sour Sauce. What’s next, desert of course. The Pineapple cake was the choice. It was layers of cake, pineapple and toppings. Awesome!

https://cathylwood.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/genghis-grill-004.jpg
To be fair, I did go to Genghis Grill when they first opened. Some of the food was okay. However, upon my return 6 months later, the atmosphere and food had changed. The food was good. It was so good that I went back the next Sunday and had the Pork with Udon Noodles. If you want to try a different type of restaurant, give Genghis Grill a try.



No comments:

Post a Comment