Friday, April 3, 2020

Taco Wars Quarantine Style: Taco Mama




Some time ago I planned to review the Shoals area's three top taco joints after Taco Mama got up and running. Now that hubs and I are not working for the foreseeable future, it seems like a good time to start this pleasant task.

First, if there's anything bad to say about Taco Mama, it's that parking is limited. My other half said it was still that way when he went to pick up our take out order. That was after we finally got through to place it. Yes, you can bet that this popular place is just a little hard to reach right now, but it's worth it.

I'll admit to being just a little shook by this whole situation right now. Hubs is pretty sure his company will survive, but I'm not totally sure about my job, so I'm not feeling up to much activity. Enter Taco Mama with what it calls a Taco/Nacho Home Travel Box that can feed five to ten people. I figured this would last us a while. It lasted about three days with both hubs and me being at home 24/7.

So, what is this box? It's just about everything:

For pick up, warm it up and serve at home, and it feeds 5 to 10 - so great for leftovers to eat later. (we have the warming instructions for you in the box.)
Box #1 Includes:
•Ground beef
•Chicken
•Flour tortillas
•Tortilla chips
•1 pint of QUESO
•1 pint of Cilantro Lime Rice
•1 Pint of Black Beans
•1 Pint Ranchero Salsa
•Diced onions
•Shredded cheese
•Sour cream
•JalapeƱos

Let's just say that everything was perfect. It was ready when hubs got to the restaurant, but he did have to wait as so many were getting curbside pickup. It was just under fifty bucks and well worth it. 

After being stuffed with Taco Mama cuisine, it may be hard, but hubs and I are going to force ourselves to try The Crazy Little Chicken and Taco Garage again. I'll be letting you know how it goes and who the winner of Taco Wars is before the month is out. 


Cherry Pitts 

No comments:

Post a Comment