Tuesday, December 6, 2022

How Does McDonald's Stay in Business?

 



I read here on Quad-Cities Cuisine that Mickey D’s in North Florence was having trouble with staff due to illness and maybe just plain laziness, but everything looked open today when I left work early. The drive-thru line was long, but at least moving, so I gave it a try.

The sign said two McRibs for $6.00. I could handle that, but apparently the store couldn’t. Why? They were out of sauce and not able to sell any until a truck arrived. I didn’t ask when that would be, but ordered something else and a Coke.

No Coke. The soft drink machine was down and the person who took my order had no idea when it would be repaired. I decided on a milkshake, but guess what? If I wanted anything to drink it would be water, coffee, orange juice, or milk. I passed.

I had a hard time paying and getting my order. There were some drive offs and no one knew what orders needed to be filled. When I got home, my plain sandwich was loaded with things I didn’t want, like pickle and lettuce.

How does this place stay in business? I guess location is half the attraction, but as bad as Taco Bell can be, it’s still a much better choice when visiting Seven-Points.


Cherry Pitts


2 comments:

  1. They stay in business because people keep buying their junk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try North Wood Social or a sandwich From Midtowne,both are in 7 points and have excellent food!

    ReplyDelete