Friday, November 2, 2018

Marco's Pizza




The Prelude: After not ordering from Domino's for a while, I finally set up an account. Poof! There in my inbox was a 20% off coupon. 

The Smart Idea: So I have a great coupon, why don't I ask my pizza loving neighbors if they want to go in with me on an order Halloween night? They did.


The Glitch: My neighbor called Domino's and something went wrong. Don't know what, but J & P decided to switch to Marco's. Fine with me. It was getting late and I wanted to eat before Trick-or-Treaters began to arrive.


The Phone Call: This time I placed the call, and a young woman at Marco's immediately put me on hold. It wasn't even music but a kind of electronic beeping that was supposed to represent music. Finally she came back and I told her I had two orders. It seemed that it didn't make any difference how much the orders totaled, each one had to be at least 10.00. I added two 2 liter drinks to mine to make up the amount. 


She asked very little about how I wanted my sandwich. She never asked if I wanted it toasted. I didn't. She did say the extra sauce for my friends' two sandwiches would be around 3.00. That wasn't counting the lettuce P wanted on hers. Finally it was done.


The Delivery: After about 40 minutes, up drove a young man who said he had a pizza. Everyone stared blankly at him until he said he was only joking; he had two sandwiches. 


But he had mine on the second order, right? No. But he would come back. That meant another 2.75 delivery charge. My neighbor paid her almost 33.00 bill and then discovered her sandwich didn't have the extra lettuce. Another phone call. They would bring lettuce with my sandwich. No problem.


The Second Delivery: The same driver arrived with my sandwich and drinks in a plastic bag that he announced was torn. The sandwich was toasted, so hard that I almost threw out the bun. Did he bring P's lettuce? No. He would be back. Since I had to pay another 2.75 delivery charge, I gave him 14.00 and told him to keep the change, all .15 of it. Sorry, but I felt like I'd been scammed by Marco's twice in one night.


The Third Delivery: A whole new sandwich for P. That was nice for her, but it had taken P & J almost 90 minutes to get their food. Mine was almost inedible inside the burnt bun.


Food: Both P and I had gotten what passes for a chicken club sandwich. Basically, it was bacon and mayo. A dash of chopped tomato. Oh, yeah, everything is chopped pretty small, no whole chunks of chicken, bacon, or tomato. The same with P's lettuce which she finally got. 


Overall: Poor phone service (but it was Halloween). Poor delivery service. Mediocre food. Misleading prices with 5.50 final delivery charge. Order at your own risk.



Totally Ticked Tippi

No comments:

Post a Comment