Monday, April 15, 2019

Taco Garage





I'll start out by saying I'm picky. I'm also very bored with Casa Mexicana and disappointed with Crazy Little Chicken. So I really wasn't expecting much from Taco Garage.

It's on Mall Road in Florence, so the neighborhood left something to be desired. My buddy and I went at an off time, but there was still a line. We were asked to fill out an order sheet, which was unusual, but I can see how this improves service. You have an endless choice unlike at Casa or Crazy Chicken. Plus one point there.

Then a hostess seated us and our wait began. After about 10 minutes our food was ready and I really wasn't expecting much at this point. I was driving so I didn't order a mixed drink, but my pal got a Margarita that he said was "to die for." Plus one point there.

Then I tasted my chicken taco. I've never had anything like it before. For those of you who think Casa or Crazy Chicken are good, you are in for the treat of a lifetime when you visit Taco Garage. I did think the cheese dip was a little lumpy, but my buddy said it was supposed to be that way. I'll take his word for it, and it did taste great.

Looking at the prices overall, Taco Garage is slightly more expensive than Casa Mexicana and certainly Taco Bell if you just have to consider the Mexican version of McDonald's. Prices were a little lower than the Crazy Little Chicken. All things considered, the total bill wasn't that much and the chicken tacos are worth their weight in platinum. Plus a lotta points there.

We were headed to Huntsville after we ate, so we used the facilities before we left and they were spotless. Plus some more points there since I've gotten used to seeing dirty restrooms in places like this.

Just remember if you go, you won't be visiting any other taco joints anytime soon. That's unless Taco Mama can live up to its hype. If so, I expect to move in. As for now there's no better taco in town than at Taco Garage!

Bentley

No comments:

Post a Comment