Sunday, May 5, 2019

Taco Wars: A Preview


Shoals blogger Shoalanda has called it Taco Wars, so I'll use that theme for reviewing the new taco tanks around town. It will be an ongoing project, but I'll make myself persevere. In the meantime, here's some of what I'll be covering and what I've been told so far.




Taco Bell: The menu changes as frequently as the staff, but food quality stays the same, not necessarily a good thing. The new restaurant on Cloverdale Road will be open soon and I plan to thoroughly investigate (it's super close to my house). As for the old store at Seven Points, it looks like maintenance is at an all time low, but to be expected if they're closing when the new one opens.

Taco Garage: Can't wait to try it, but my friends who have been all say go at a slow time. LInes are long and as for the restrooms, prepare for a line there also since there's only one stall in each. What were they thinking?!!! 

Taco Mama: Opening is scheduled for later this month. My one friend who's been to the store in Huntsville told me about the tasting menus. I've always thought of tasting menus as expensive, but she says Taco Mama's is reasonable and to die for. Will Taco Mama put everyone else out of business like they're claiming? I'm willing to make the sacrifice to keep up with these taco wars in great detail.

El Pollito Loco (the Crazy Little Chicken): I haven't eaten in the new building, but hubby and I did try New Year's Day. It was closed. They must see the food critics coming and lock the doors. We keep hearing food is good, but restrooms dirty. One friend said she can't make them understand not to put "those little black things" all over her food. I like those little black things so can't wait to see if new menu is expanded.

If you have a taco joint you'd like to add to the list be sure to leave the name in the comment section below.


Cherry  Pitts 

No comments:

Post a Comment