Saturday, December 7, 2019

Big Bad Breakfast




This year is rapidly coming to a close, so that means hubs had some vacation time he had to take. What better time to drag him downtown to try out Big Bad Breakfast this past Friday? 

Don't worry, there aren't going to be too many criticisms, but one is parking. It was fine to have to walk a little to get to BBB, but another thing entirely for us to have to walk back to the car stuffed to the gills! Yes, we ate that much.

We did have a short wait, but that was expected. I'd already made up my mind to try to the French toast, and hubs knew that he wanted the Creole omelet. The dishes came out quickly and were we ever ready! I'm pretty sure both of us gave new meaning to "tucked in".

I wasn't sure what to expect, but the French toast didn't disappoint. The bread was sliced thick and so were the strawberries on top. I had the sweet tea to go with it and it was just perfect. The server brought me extra lemon without my having to ask!

Here's the second criticism. It's nine in the morning and some customers are drinking "breakfast margaritas". This was a total surprise to us, so go in knowing that some customers are going to imbibing at even the earliest hour. 

Now on to hubs' Creole omelet. Looking at it, I couldn't tell you half that was in it. Whatever the ingredients, my husband was in heaven eating it. I asked him about the spices and he said it was just right. I interpreted that to mean it was just a little hot, so beware if spicy isn't your thing. Instead of tea, hubs had coffee and orange juice and said both were just right. 

When it was time to go, there was no need to ask for a take-out box - nothing was left. We exited and waddled back to the car. Hubs said he wants to try the avocado toast next time, but after the French toast, I'm not sure I'll ever want anything but that. 

BBB is located on Court Street in downtown Florence in the Stricklin Hotel building. It's open for breakfast and lunch until 2:30. Some of the items are a little pricey, but all in all, there's something for everyone. You won't be sorry you tried it!


Cherry Pitts 

No comments:

Post a Comment