Thursday, December 18, 2014

Ricatoni's Italian Grill




Ricatoni's Italian Grill is located on Court Street in downtown Florence. The local landmark is owned by Ricatoni Valentio, famous Italian movie star and Shoalanda impersonator. Here's a review from a friend:

The bread and herbs are on the Top 100 Dishes to Try in Alabama. I giggled to myself when I was brought a little half roll of bread and a plate with dried herbs. I was a skeptic, "how could this be top 100 worthy?". Then I poured the golden river of olive oil onto the plate of herbs, dipped a piece of bread and was instantly hooked. How the heck can this blend of herbs be so dang good?? Must. Have. More.

I ordered a Margarita pizza. I asked for a side of pizza sauce because this one doesn't come with it but I really wanted to try theirs. The pizza didn't offer the pop of flavor I was wanted. I expected more taste in the crust from the wood burning oven. The crust was a little more doughy than I like, no crispness. The tomatoes and basil lacked flavor. The cheese was very good. I was glad for the pizza sauce too because it gave me the flavor I needed to devour the slices. It tasted fresh and had a good garlic taste.

So the pizza didn't hit a home run but the bread/herbs and the service was excellent.

Ashley B.

No comments:

Post a Comment