Saturday, August 15, 2015

The Crazy Little Chicken—Take Two


Almost as soon as I had posted my review of the Crazy Little Chicken in North Florence, a local blogger tore it apart. I probably wouldn't bother to respond if it has just been some differences in opinion, but this blogger indicated that I had tried to intentionally mislead someone about a restaurant that I had given a very good review to.

Sure, “Cherry Pitts” is a pen name. You criticized me using one. Does that mean “Original Bama” is your real name? Explain how that works again?

Variety? Sorry, 80 chicken dishes, 15 bean dishes, and 5 beef dishes don't make what I call variety. I don't know why anyone would expect a lot of variety in a cafe' that had the word “chicken” in its name. I love chicken. That's good enough for me!

My co-worker had wanted beef fajitas. That's not on the menu. Yes there are five beef dishes but if all you want is beef, it's still my advice to dine elsewhere.

Restroom traffic? I've seen nitpicking, but I think Mr. Bama's comment takes the prize. Yes the table to the left of the front door is not immediately next to the restroom doors. It's next to the door to the hall that leads to the restrooms. My point was that all restroom traffic has to pass this table coming and going. There are really no tables that are not immediately next to traffic areas.

I don't know how much money this young couple have to invest, but I would take out the tables, all two-tops, and put in a counter on each side of the door. It wouldn't affect conversation and would give a lot more room.

Parking? Mr. Bama says “plenty.” I'll spell this out especially for all the women out there. If you want to park in a marked space, there are only two “in front.” There's parking in the back, sure. If you get off work at 5:30 or 6:00 like I do, that means it's dark in late fall or early winter. I would prefer to not have to walk around the building from the back. I don't know if anyone has ever been robbed in that neighborhood (houses behind the diner), but I don't want to be the first.

Deck? I didn't see any deck and didn't mention one in my review. Yeah, who's making up things now?

Language difficulties? My point was the day we were there the only one in the cafe' that was speaking English was the owner's wife. That's just telling readers to be prepared. If the young lady owns the shop next door, she can't always be behind the counter. For all I know, the entire staff may speak English, Hindustani, and Mandarin Chinese, but I didn't see or hear it the day my friend and I were in.

That brings me to the last point, that I had just made up some names for this couple. I'm very sorry that I misunderstood their name. No, it's not “Cortez” as I had understood. but it was close as I'm sure my critic knew. I wasn't sure how to find out the correct name, so I called a friend at the police department. He was aware of the couple and told me their name was “Martinez.” Again, apologies to Mr. and  Mrs. Martinez.

Has the blogger taken down my work as he was asked to? No. I guess that means I get to pick one of his blogs, copy it, and then critique it?


Cherry Pitts 

No comments:

Post a Comment